Patrick Neer, PsyD
San Francisco, California 94102
Click map marker for directions
- Relationship issues
- Fears & Phobias
- Gay & Lesbian Issues
- Gender Issues
- Loss or Grief
- Men's Issues
- Personality Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Trauma & PTSD
- Women's Issues
- Couples Therapy
About My Practice
Most people approach treatment in hopes of alleviating emotional pain and fostering wholeness and vitality in one's life.Â In order to do this, a vital part of therapeutic success is forming a safe and trusting therapeutic relationship.Â My approach centers on creating a warm, collaborative and interactive therapeutic setting in which painful or troubling feelings, thoughts, memories, and issues can be faced and worked through.
I have a general therapy practice, and see people for a wide variety of concerns, including depression, anxiety, identity, anger problems, life transitions, and sexuality.Â My therapy style is direct, engaging, and collaborative.
Experience & Training
I have a psychotherapy and analytic practice working with adults and couples, and over 18 years of psychotherapy experience.Â I have worked as a therapist at universities, non-profits, and for the federal government.Â I do regular supervision or trainings for therapists in training at the Department of Veteran Affairs and UC Berkeley.Â Â Currently, I am an advanced, post-graduate candidate in psychoanalysis at the San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis.
- Helping you understand and overcome anxiety problems, such as chronic anxiety and worry, obsessive or compulsive symptoms, or social anxiety.
- Exploring with you the roots and helping you overcome depression, loss, emptiness, and hopelessness.
- Addressing problems in intimacy, relationships, and impediments to connecting well with others.
- Aiding you in working through symptoms of trauma, such as anxiety, fear, nightmares and other sleep problems, and avoidance, so that you can get on with your life.
- Supporting your growth around identity concerns, be they mid-life transitions, career changes, major life events, sexual identity, gender questioning, or pregnancy.
Years in Practice
Candidate (psychoanalyst-in-training), San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis
Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.), Baylor University, Clinical Psychology
Masters of Counseling (M.A.), Indiana University, Counseling Psychology
San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis
Member, American Psychological Association
Member, American Psychoanalytic Association
Medical and hospitalization privileges, Veterans Administration Northern California Health Care System
Accepting New Clients